Celiac Disease? ~~~~~~ Gluten Sensitivity?~~~~~~ Gluten Intolerance? ~~~~~~ Avoiding Wheat?





Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jason’s Deli

So encouraging to have positive interactions with the Montgomery restaurant community.  I have already bragged on Zoe’s Kitchen; now let me tell you about Jason’s Deli.  The manager is doing a great job of training his staff about cross-contamination.  Some who must avoid gluten have passed up Jason’s Deli due to this concern.  I have always been a “vocal” customer, ensuring that any restaurant takes great care in preparing my son’s food.  I was so pleasantly surprised by a recent visit, as the manager on duty was on top of everything.  I ordered a made-to-order sandwich (which comes on the larger Udi’s bread) and chips as the side.  The manager said that he would open a new bag.   The GF sandwich was made in a separate area and then delivered on a separate tray from the rest of our party’s food.
Jason’s Deli will be providing samples for our next meeting on Thursday, April 28th.  Beyond a tray of GF sandwiches, the manager has offered a sampling of their GF soups and salads.  Just like Zoe’s, Jason’s has a separate GF Menu, which also includes some baked potato options.  Just having a GF menu does not guarantee attention to cross-contamination so I am thrilled with the training at Jason’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment